Instagram

Follow us on Instagram at Carparellienterprises

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bringing Classy Back!



I was attending a dinner party late Friday evening and a discussion arose about how people used to dress back in the good old days. I had a picture of my grandfather on my phone and showed it to the table to point out how well dressed he was. It was easy to see that even the most expensive of t-shirts could not compare to a fine tailored suit. Why did I choose a photo of Sean Connery to head this blog? This photo spoke to me on many levels. First and most obvious, this is a clip from a James Bond film. From the bow tie to the brandy decanter, you can get a sense of how gentlemen were portrayed years ago. In old movies, everyone is dressed well and manners were present at all times. You can still see this behavior today but it is often acted out by those of royalty or old wealth. What happened to the cool classy things people used to do? Can we bring classy back?
For example, there is something to say about a person who has a library in the home or a wine cellar in the basement. It adds a sort of sophistication to the house. Playing a competitive game of chess or sipping tea in the afternoon has high class style to it. I love the simple idea of having my hands wrapped around a cherry wood steering wheel surrounded by gold trimmed accents on a 30' bowrider on the open water. I find playing a musical instrument shows culture and work ethic to one's life resume. In fact, I am currently in the beginning stages of learning the piano. While conversing with my good friend Brian last week, he asked me if I was playing the piano because I thought it was a "fancy" thing? I wasn't thinking of it that way but the old sport was spot on! I do believe that it is a very classy skill to add to my repertoire. What beautiful sophisticated woman wouldn't mind a nice glass of Harlan in front of the fireplace while the sound of a piano filled the room? Beethoven once said, "Music should strike fire from the heart of  man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
Have you ever asked yourself why the opera is so special or why giving a fancy name like caviar to fish eggs makes it a delicacy? It may not be the contralto you're attracted to from the balcony of the Royal Opera House in London or the crisp pop of wild sturgeon roe from the Russian Tea Room in New York City. What draws you in just may be the representation of these things. We like fancy. We want exclusive. It is quite expensive to enjoy the finer things in life but the feeling you can get from it is priceless.          

2 comments:

Nick Leshi said...

Another awesome article. Well done, ol' chap!

Filthy Rich Entertainment said...

Why thank you good sir! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it!